Mobile Money Transfer APAC – Manila, December 8-9, 2009
Maverick China Research is an official partner for the Mobile Money Transfer APAC conference on December 8-9 in Manila. For more information about this event, click here or on the banner below.
The mobile phone offers a convenient, quick, secure, low cost channel to initiate and receive money transfers. With cross border remittances, domestic transfers, airtime top-up, utility bill and school fee payment, salary disbursements and microcredit loan repayments, the potential value of this new opportunity is phenomenal.
The Asia Pacific region will see the biggest take up of mobile payments, reaching 3.8 percent of all mobile users by 2012. The World Bank estimates that $118.4bn of remittances will flow into East Asia and the Pacific in 2008. The Philippines is an ideal host for MMT APAC: Operators such as Smart Communications and Globe Telecom are MMT pioneers, running some of the most acclaimed and mature mobile money programmes in the world. See them both in action and learn about all the latest MMT business models and technologies.
Here’s a sampling of the key topics covered in this year’s event:
- How to launch MMT – how get it right first time, how to get to market quicker, and how to achieve competitive advantage
- How to structure complex relationships between MNOs and banks – sharing brand, customers, data and revenues for the benefit of all parties
- How to engage the right vendors, from mWallets to security, messaging and global interoperability hubs – understand who can deliver what you need, where you need it, when you need it, securely, robustly and cost effectively
- Validate your existing MMT strategy, or have your strategy map corrected based on the market-proven experiences of your peers
- Learn how to extend access to financial services to developing nations – extend your organisation’s positive social contribution AND create new revenues, new customers and new businesses
- Meet the people who have “been there, done that” in MMT so you know who to call when you have a problem
- Challenge your assumptions and expand your expectations – whether your objectives are entrepreneurial or if you want the corner office and the board level job at a big corporate, MMT 09 mentors the next generation of visionaries
- Have fun! No more “death by PowerPoint” – MMT Events combine stimulating conversation with great food, drink and entertainment for an experience that is as enjoyable as it is valuable.